June 10, 2011

The Runaway Bunny

The weather turned beautiful (way back when) and I've been a complete slacker on our little curriculum.  (FYI: I'm completely okay with being a slacker under our current circumstances.  She's only 4.  Also, we are outside learning and playing all-the-time.)  But we have been working on our Before Five in a Row (B4FIAR) book The Runaway Bunny for a few weeks now.  We did an activity or two each week.

I would really like to stick with B4FIAR and put it into our daily "schedule".  (Isabella has asked to do more as well.)  Now that I seem to have more energy (running+eating better=sleeping better), I am not quite so desperate for a nap while Oliver is napping, so I can spend some of that time focused on working with Isabella.  I feel like I'm still figuring out our rhythm with 3 kids and good weather.  I know I'll figure it out and then it will all change!

My favorite part about exploring The Runaway Bunny is I was introduced to a bunch of Margaret Wise Brown books that I didn't know.  We now love The Important Book and we really enjoyed Bunny's Noisy Book.


With all the fantastic weather, I can't say I really got into The Runaway Bunny.  I think I was suffering from a bit of spring fever.

Here's what we did:

Playing the "If...then" game from the story.

Pen drawings vs. watercolor paintings

Matching bunny silhouettes.

Making "handprint" crocuses.

Our bouquet of crocuses.

The finished lapbook.  All printouts are free at homeschoolshare.com.

1 comment:

  1. We are big Margaret Wise Brown books at our house. Pepper cannot get enough of them. Our favorites are The Big Red Barn, Bunny's Noisy Book, Runaway Bunny and of course Goodnight Moon. I've been on the lookout for a few more so I'll have to try the other one you mentioned. Great job teacher/mom;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...