May 8, 2011

Ode to My Mom

 Mom, you are awesome!  How did you do it?  How did you physically carry and birth seven children (including those big boy twins!)?  How did you raise us so well?  How did you carry it all when you felt so alone?



You are my hero!  You taught me how to be tender, gentle, kind, humble.  You put up with my grief, extreme emotions, snarky remarks, and demand for independence.  You did all of this while juggling many other life-changing situations: several children, full-time job(s), divorce, moving and unemployment (to name a few).


I pray I will be as strong as you!  I hope I will teach my children to be the finest, just as you taught us!


By word and deed you taught me honesty, virtue, integrity, humility, charity, love, hard work.  I could go on and on...


You are so very brave.  I am still impressed you took the subway from JFK to our apartment when coming to meet your newest granddaughter, Isabella.  You were so scared, but you did it!


You are determined to succeed.  No matter what life throws your way you press forward, stronger every moment.


Thank you for loving all that is beautiful and good!  You are the best mother I could ever dream of!


Motherhood is more than bearing children, though it is certainly that. It is the essence of who we are as women. It defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits our Father gave us.  Sheri Dew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...