April 21, 2009

Thrown Together

Today I was going to be productive. Get stuff done. Check off my to-do list. I felt the nesting instinct pumping in my blood.

Isabella decided no nap today. I prayed for patience. I was very blessed with patience which meant productivity was nonexistent. It wasn't until she was fast asleep at 8pm that I realized I had not eaten since lunchtime. All of a sudden I felt famished and lightheaded. The fridge was surprisingly empty, the cereal boxes weren't even appealing. I was so hungry I felt sick.

Fortunately patience was still attending me. I whipped up a quick batch of pesto, sliced a tomato, and remembered I had fresh bread. I'm feeling much better.


"Spirituality is nurtured in our actions of patience, kindness, and forgiveness toward each other and in our applying gospel principles in the family circle." Spencer W. Kimball

2 comments:

  1. Kiasa, if I made that for dinner it'd be like monumental. I love that that's something you "threw together." You rock my socks off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the Italian flag!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...