July 30, 2008

Restaurant Week Day 4: Eleven Madison Park

Two years ago I had a reservation for dinner (during restaurant week) at Eleven Madison Park, but ended up canceling it since I knew I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I should since the reservation was for 10pm and I was 7 months pregnant and could fall asleep by 8pm every night if I had the opportunity. Pregnancy in NYC, during the summer is absolutely exhausting!

My attempt to discretely take a photo of the menu...for you!
Can you read it?

After going there last Thursday I'm so bummed I canceled that reservation two years ago. I LOVED it! It was all so fabulous. We weren't crammed in like cattle, our waitress spent a ton of time, happily telling us about all the dishes, and the food was really, really good. I felt like a million dollars!

This is the Salmon Escabeche...so good!

Brian got the tuna with heirloom tomatoes, the skate (which is a fish, if you weren't sure), and the cheesecake. The tuna dish was amazing, the skate was very good, and the cheesecake nice and creamy, just the way I like it!

I had the salmon, which was delicious and light. Then I got the lamb which was a bit heavy for the summer, but it had tons of good flavors.
I loved the other parts of that dish: the eggplant and tomato confit. For dessert I had the honey glazed peach which was fabulous!

Brian says Gotham Bar & Grill is still his favorite, but I'm really leaning toward Eleven Madison Park as mine. Both had great food, but I really love the atmosphere of Eleven Madison Park so much more.

Please forgive the poor quality of the photos...I only had my iPhone.

1 comment:

  1. mmm, I'll have the sweetbread ravioli, the baked summer squash with ratatouille, and the glazed peaches please. :)

    that is something I like about really fine dining: fewer options! I'm very slow with a menu.

    what's with the $24.08? isn't it supposed to be $20.08? that's how it used to be during Washington's RW. sigh. inflation.... although that still is a bargain to be sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...