November 16, 2011

Falling in love with Fall.

Yesterday, after school, the forecast was threatening rain.  But the kids needed to run around so we headed to Central Park.  I am so glad we did.  It was spectacular.  The crowds were sparse, the clouds grey and low, the colors vibrant.  I certifiably have a new addiction: taking photos of my children with the fall leaves.  It's almost as bad as my addiction to taking photos of my kids on the beach.

As the kids were running freely I thought, "Why didn't I do this everyday last fall?!"  (Last year was the first fall we had an apartment a half a block away from The Park.)  But I quickly remembered, Oh yes!  That's right!  I was 8.5 months pregnant with Simon, Oliver was only 16 months old and barely walking, I lived in a 4th floor walk up, and I was preparing to move apartments.  In hindsight, it was one of the most difficult seasons of my life, physically.  (You saw that big baby belly!)

But now...Now?  Today.  This week...I LOVE this season!  I mean, really, really love it!   I love Central Park!  I love my kids rolling in the leaves!  I love the fresh, cool air!  It all feels so perfect and wonderful.  I've always agreed that fall is, indeed, very beautiful.  But it might, possibly, be my new favorite season.  Definitely tied with summer!




1 comment:

  1. Fall is definitely my fav. East coast leaves are just AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...