October 1, 2009

This one is for the Grandmas...

One afternoon I was in my room feeding/changing/burping Oliver and I heard an unfamiliar sound. After a minute or two I thought I better check it out, just to make sure... (A few weeks ago the kitchen flooded because someone left the water running and didn't instantly check out, "what's that noise?" We are learning!) This is what I found:

My first instinct was to say "no" but then I realized, she's really sewing. I had been working on some birthday crowns for friends and I guess she was watching more closely than I thought.
As I watched her closely I was amazed. She did every step in the right order: put fabric under foot, put food down on fabric, press on the pedal, stop at the edge of the fabric, make sure the needle is up, lift foot, pull out fabric, and snip with scissors. It was impressively odd.

And this is her finished product...all by herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...