May 10, 2012

"I" for Isabella

Isabella's art is currently on display at a gallery inside Columbia University's Teachers College.  The student teacher (Ms. Wall) in her art class picked a couple of pieces of art to go to the art show and her's was chosen. It is a paper mache "I"...for Isabella.  Ms. Coleman (her actual art teacher) said that Isabella had a done a great job with painting a pattern, one of the techniques they were working on at the time.  And, it's true, I was amazed at the very consistent pattern on the entire, rather large, "I".

We were able to go and enjoy the reception, celebrating the artists and their teachers, last Friday.  The event wasn't something we discussed with other friends from school since only a few kids were selected.  But we were pleasantly surprised that one of Isabella's favorite friends from her class was also there; with her letter "A".

After much prodding we were able to finally get Isabella to stand next to her "I" with her brothers (who didn't want to stand still, of course).  And then later, with her friend.  And a little later she was willing to pose with me and her "I".  Never by herself.


Once these girls warmed up to the crazy crowded reception, and the attention they were getting for their job-well-done, they were adorable and hilarious.  It was fun that they were able to share this moment together.





Isabella, I'm sure, will continue to amaze us as she has these last five (and a half!) years.  I'm glad we can share these creative celebrations with her.  But I love the daily moments I get to have with her where she is constantly creating, sharing and amazing me.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Isabella! What an amazing and talented little lady. Good job, mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had said something about this already. Like, nice work Isabella! I love the piece. And the photos. What an opportunity!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...