February 10, 2012

My Amazing Flight

Our flight out to California was epic. Three little kids and one mama. People said I was crazy. Other people said I was brave. I didn't think much about it, other than I wanted to go visit my family in CA and that was the only way it was going to happen.

That's not to say I wasn't nervous. I was crazy nervous! The few days before we flew I kept playing over and over us checking in, getting through security, getting to the gate, getting onto the plane, etc, etc, etc. I thought I had it down. No problem!

Well, until I checked my bags and the guy told me I'd have to check my stroller too because the wheels were too big. When I told him I could just take the wheels off he looked at me like I was crazy. Which I was. He was adamant. I almost started bawling. Of all the things I worried about, loosing my stroller at the beginning of the trip was not one of them. Luckily my trusty ergo save the day, again. Luckily Oliver was so excited to get on a BIG plane he was willing to obediently walk by my side the entire time. Luckily Isabella was her usually amazing self and carried the kids bags and held Oliver's hand. Luckily going through security was the easiest it has ever been (since I've had kids). Luckily everything I actually did worry about never happened.

We were so blessed (other than loosing the stroller) the entire trip. The fight was only half full (or should I say, half empty). Each of the boys slept 2 hours at different times. The flight attendants were super sweet and helpful. The whole flight went so well.

It was beyond AMAZING!

1 comment:

  1. great job you. I must admit that I am happy the only time I usually have to fly by myself with the kids is a two hour flight to Florida:) What head sets were the kids using? I think I will need to get some for our next flight so the kids can hear properly. Just wondering. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...