November 23, 2011

Scenes from the High Line

When the permission slips came home for a field-trip to the High Line Isabella begged me to come.  It was obvious she really, really wanted me there, so I made arrangements for the boys (thank you, Lauren!) and was able to spend a beautiful, cold morning with my little girl.  I really loved it.

The kids are doing an overall study of parks.  The teacher incorporates a lot of learning opportunities (math, science, reading, etc.) into their parks studies.  And, it should be noted that Isabella's teacher is absolutely amazing.  She puts 110% into all she does for the kids and class.  Ms. Wu has arranged a field-trip to a park (to make observations in nature) every Friday morning for the last 6 weeks.





2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog via childhood 101 and I'm so happy I did! I can use all the small space inspiration I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just found your blog through Childhood 101 too & love it, I had been reading about the Highline in a travel magazine & i lovd the whole concept. I am looking forward to catching up with more of your posts. I wondered if you would be interested in joining up in an outdoor link up I am co-hosting with Mama Pea Pod & Greening Sam & Avery? Pop over & check it out, we'd love to have you.http://nosuchthingasbadweather.blogspot.com/2011/11/exploring-in-rain.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...