November 30, 2011

Our Play Space

It's kind of funny how things happen sometimes.  I really enjoy browsing blogs on my downtime (rare, but true).  Blogs are quick bits of inspiration that don't require a time commitment.  Perfect to do while nursing or waiting on the subway platform.  One blog that I enjoy, Childhood 101, began posting readers' play spaces a few weeks ago.  It was fun and inspiring to see "normal" people's spaces.

Every time I looked at our disheveled bookcase, crammed with kids stuff, I thought, "Maybe I'll clean it out one day and send in a photo."  And that thought morphed into, "If I do organize our stuff I will send in a photo."  Which would be a fun way to share a bit of our space with a group of worldwide blog readers.

I had begun to mentally clean out the kids' shelves a few weeks before my hands were free to do the work.  I cleaned and organized for just about an hour (a benefit of a small space) before it looked good.  I snapped a few photos and submitted it to Childhood 101.  A few days ago I noticed our space was featured on Childhood 101!  It's so fun to see it there; our little home.  Hopefully it will inspire others who live in tight spaces.  You can see the bit I wrote about our space on Childhood 101 or view other play spaces on the site as well.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Kiasa! Your play space looks great. Can we come over and play with you today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome that they featured you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...