June 15, 2010

Oliver's Little Celebration

We are not huge party planners around here, especially for 1st birthdays.  I really feel like it's a celebration of, "Wow!  We made it!  One year with all this craziness!"  Oliver's day was filled with fun tasks of laundry and cleaning (catching up after our visitors had left).  And then ended with a bit of fountain play, pizza, and dessert from Magnolia.  (FYI: I'm not a huge fan of Magnolia's cupcakes--what they are famous for--but LOVE their key lime cheesecake!)

I've been on a sugar fast (okay, some days/weeks are better than others) since Thanksgiving.  And my plan was to do it until Oliver's birthday.  I partied the whole weekend and now I'm back to a sugar free life.  So, maybe his little celebration was more for my own indulgence...maybe.


1 comment:

  1. I'll try the cheesecake next time I am there with a tourist.

    And I'll wish Oliver another happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...