July 21, 2009

Rainy Day

right now...our hallway...how we "get out" on a rainy day

It's a rainy day here in New York City and according to the forecast it looks like the whole week will be gray and damp. By late afternoon I was feeling like I had wasted the day away since I am still in my p.j.s (well, all of us are).

But then I got to thinking what we have done today...so far:

*straightened up most of the house (it was a disaster!)
*cleaned the bathroom
*made breakfast and lunch
*kept both children happy
*built a fort
*sent out several e-mails
*Isabella decided to potty train herself!!!!!!
*took naps
*put on a puppet show
*played with clay
*nursed many times
*changed many diapers
*created a few blog posts
*vacuumed some of the apartment
*took out the garbage
*all while holding an unusually fussy Oliver
*and with minimal t.v./movie watching

Even if I'm still in my p.j.s it's been a great, productive day!

1 comment:

  1. The cleaning and scrubbing
    can wait 'til tomorrow
    'cause children grow up,
    as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So silence ye dishes;
    Dust, go to sleep;
    I'm tending my baby
    and babies don't keep.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...